Corona Test for ICSI
With the Corona Test, we aim to help you minimize the cost, time and stress of infertility treatments. The Corona Test provides valuable insight into the quality of each of your retrieved eggs. It predicts which egg has the highest potential to develop into a baby
The Corona Test measures the quality of your eggs (also called oocytes). It is a lab analysis of the cells surrounding the egg. These cells, called corona cells, are normally removed and discarded during ICSI treatment. By analysing these cells, we can predict which eggs your best and will give you the highest chance to have a baby. Your gynaecologist will than transfer the embryo from your best egg. You will have an increased chance to become pregnant and deliver a healthy baby on your first attempt.
The Corona Test:
- Allows the identification of the best quality egg. It allows the transfer of a single embryo which has the highest chance to implant and become a healthy baby
- Significantly increases pregnancy rates per transfer
- Reduces the time needed to achieve pregnancy as your best egg is chosen for your first transfer. Also reduces costs as less transfer cycles are needed
- Presents no ethical issues as it is performed on the cells surrounding the eggs. In routine treatments those cells are normally discarded prior to injection of sperm (ICSI).
- Increased confidence in transferring a single embryo to avoid health risks associated with twin or triplet pregnancies
Our aim is to improve fertility treatments to give access to more couples and to reduce the overall burden of the treatment. We strive to have as many women as possible pregnant from the first attempt. Our motto is: one try, one child.
Corona Test for freezing of eggs
More and more women are postponing their decision to become a parent, driven by a variety of factors. In recent years, women have had the option to freeze their eggs in order to preserve high quality eggs. This will provide the freedom to decide when you would like to start your family. You don’t need to worry about declining fertility.
If you decide to freeze your eggs, you may need to undergo a series of hormone treatments in order to maximize the number of eggs retrieved.
Corona Test will score your eggs after the first hormone treatment. It gives you insights into the quality of your collected eggs.
Corona Test results can benefit you twice in your reproductive journey:
- NOW: Corona Test results will help your gynaecologist decide if you need a second (or third) hormone treatment to collect more eggs
- LATER: The same results can help the embryologist decide which embryos to transfer when you are ready to become a parent. This could potentially avoid multiple cycles of embryo transfer.